Monday, July 14, 2008

Getting better every day

So the summer is almost over and a part of me doesn't want it to be. I am loving the work I do at my internship. I am getting way more hands on here that at TRT. In the past couple of weeks i've administered drugs to sick crows, held Ospreys as their wounds get treated, wrapped wings on several song birds, and fed nestling and fledgeling American Kestrals. Things are going great and I am loving it!

We had some exciting goings on this week. Louis Bevier who is doing research on the current existance of the Ivory Billed Woodpecker came down. From the evidence, the infamous Luaneu video sugguests that the Ivory Billed Woodpecker is not extinct and that atleast one survivor is still out there. What Louis believes is that the video shows a Pileated Woodpecker and not an Ivory Billed. So we had three Pileateds that were going to be release, he came down for the day and filmed them being released so he could use it as research for the debate. It was cool! Personally I think its a Pileated but what do I know?

Well I dont have much to say at the moment but I'm sure i'm forgetting somthing.
Hope everyones summer is going well!

J-Trav

No comments: