Thursday, July 18, 2013

Great Basin Institute Wk 5 & 6

Hey Everyone,

This will be my last post as I have completed my internship with The Great Basin Institute. The post will cover  weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5:

This week followed a very similar routine to that of week four. We continued to spray in the same parks where we had started. It was rainy this week which is unlike Nevada, making it only possible to dig. It was certainly a good workout!

Week 6:


This was a unique week because The Great Basin Institute acquired some work in the Lake Tahoe region. We were sent out for 4 days camping in the Spooner Lake area. Here we focused more of GPS mapping of weeds. We located areas that contained cheat grass, and we sprayed areas that contained oxeye daisies. The landscape here is beautiful and a couple of groups that went up the previous weeks were able to see a bear.



After my last week I was able to take a trip to San Francisco which was also a great place to visit.

All in all my experience in Nevada with the Great Basin Institute was one that I will certainly remember for the rest of my life. I met a lot of great people and made many connections. Its certainly worth the trip!

Thanks for reading and have a great summer!

Craig

No comments: