Thursday, May 3, 2018

Second to last post- Audubon Internship


Annica and I are beginning to collect volunteer submissions for the 2018 remote pond/ coastal stream survey. The Brook Trout Project report for 2017 is awaiting publishing, as we have finished all our data entries and sent the document off to MDIFW (Maine Dep. Of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife). After editing this report, originally written by another author, the extreme importance of detail-attentiveness was proven to me yet again.  It is so easy to miss very small details, and takes several revisions to ensure consistency… Particularly if you’re not writing something first-hand. I’m sure I will run into report revision/editing again, and this work served as a valuable lesson in ‘taking out a microscope’ when re-reading scientific lit.

I completed my presentation in Dr. Jack Hopkins’ class this week, and it was exciting to be back on campus. I am so happy to have had the chance to engage with Dr. Hopkins throughout this internship. He is a wealth of knowledge, extremely supportive and eager to learn about what we were up to over at Audubon. I extend to him my utmost appreciation for being my sponsor.

Annica and I are continuing to work together even after my internship is completed. I am so happy I can maintain this amazing partnership. Annica inspires me to be my best and is very encouraging in every way, the ideal person to have in your life after graduating college. I’m so lucky to have had this internship and can’t wait to see what comes next!

 

 

No comments: