Saturday, July 1, 2017

Week Six of Theo's Internship with Sustainable Princeton





The sixth week of my summer internship at Sustainable Princeton began with me finally publishing the finalized version of the plastic film recycling F.A.Q. on the Sustainable Princeton website. Following this I finally started working on reaching out to the religious institutions in town about becoming drop off points as a way of expanding the BYOB plastic film recycling program. To start with I reached out to Trinity church, the local Unitarian Universalist church, and the All Saints church. The local Unitarian Universalist church and Trinity church have both said yes but we have yet to hear back from the All Saints church.

The other major thing I did this week was attend one of the monthly meetings of the Mercer County Sustainability Coalition. The Mercer County Sustainability Coalition is a group of representatives from each green team working with Sustainable Jersey in Mercer County. The meeting was really interesting and the things discussed ranged from the lessons learned from the Sustainability Summit hosted by Sustainable Jersey to a coalition fundraising event called Farm to Table. I learned a lot from this meeting not only in terms of what was discussed but also in terms of the observations I made on things such as how to be an effective representative for your organization in a coalition of other organizations.


Next week I plan on reaching out to more of the Religious Institutions in the Princeton area along with Community institutions such as our public library. Overall, this was a wonderful week and I am excited to see what the next week of my internship will bring!

 


No comments: