Saturday, July 29, 2017

Week Ten of Theo's internship with Sustainable Princeton

The tenth week of my summer internship at Sustainable Princeton began on Tuesday due to me needing a day off to recover from an infection I got the previous Friday. Thus, we reconvened on at 4:00 P.M. on Tuesday so that Christine and I could both discuss what I would be doing for the week and to meet with Unity College’s internship coordinator Reeta at 4:30 P.M. The meeting went really well and we discussed a number of things such as what I’ve been working on, how much I’m enjoying my internship, how good of a job I’ve done during my internship, and what I’ve learned/gained from this internship.

I also continued my work on filling out the local government energy audit program (LGEA) application this week. The focus for this week was on adding data from the electric and gas bills of May 2016 to the application. This allowed us to finally reach the fourteen months of electric and gas bill data required by the application. However, I still need to acquire the data for the Princeton rec department/I.T. department building, the data for one of the fire department/maintenance department buildings, and the senior resource center buildings.

For the eleventh week of my internship I plan on both finishing the LGEA energy audit application and acquiring the necessary stickers for the BYOB program expansion so that we can finally set up the bins! Overall, this was a wonderful week and I am extremely excited to see what the next week of my internship will bring!

No comments: